In the Internet, one of the most popular methods of online marketing is Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. SEO refers to the methods used by a marketer to naturally increase their ranking on Google or Bing’s search results.Do you want to learn more? Visit Johnson City Paid Ads Management.
Organic SEO is achieved through creating web content containing the brand’s desired keywords. However, the web content being created must be relevant and of high quality to achieve a higher ranking. Shortcuts that are often illegal in the eyes of the search engine algorithm are looked down on and can lead to banning.
Because SEO takes time to strategize and take effect. This is why another mode of digital marketing has quickly gained traction: Paid advertising.
Paid advertising, also known as pay-per-click advertising, is rather self-explanatory. It means paying for advertising spaces on search result pages. Each click on an ad by a user costs a marketer a certain amount of money. Links are identified with small icons as paid ads on the search results.
It also allows a marketer to have options such as choosing keywords related to the ad and the geographic location where the ads will appear.
Paid ad services, like Google AdWords, allow marketers to have advantages such as:
- Better visibility. The best paid ads can dominate the top slots of the search results. Despite having low organic ranking, well-made paid ads can still appear on higher positions.
- Faster exposure. Since organic SEO takes a long time to fully take effect, one can switch to pay-per-click instead. When made right, it can have the ability to reach the top page on the first try.
- Visuals. Paid Ads allow marketers to display the product they are selling. This can be more attractive to users than a simple link to a page.
However, one should note that paid ads have no effect on the organic ranking of a brand’s webpages. It can also be more expensive than organic SEO in the long run.
To avert this, online marketing outsourcers with PPC management services tend to offer SEO company services as well. It allows their clients the option of using one or the other.
The ideal method of online advertising, however, is not just to stick to either organic SEO or to paid SEO, but using both of them. Putting the two of them together in a symbiotic relationship can be beneficial. For example:
- Paid advertising can be used as a testing ground for keywords before finalizing your SEO strategy. Through this method, you do not have to waste time experimenting
- Data can be gathered from studying keyword search results from paid ads. These can be used to improve SEO strategies for organic ranking.
- Keywords that cost too much money in pay-per-click can be shifted to organic SEO use. In this manner, the advertiser can minimize costs and still appear higher in the search results.
- More users will be aware of your online presence. This is because your ads and webpages will be visible on both organic rankings and paid ad slots.
Search engine optimization and paid advertising are both efficient tools for online marketing. They both also have their advantages and disadvantages.